Monday, March 4, 2013

IT KILLS ME NOT TO BE PRESIDENT

Vanquished US Republican presidential contender Mitt Romney has said "it kills him" not to be in the White House tackling America's economic woes as he slammed President Barack Obama for failing in his job. "I'll look at what's happening right now, I wish I were there," 65-year-old Romney told Fox News Sunday in his first television interview since the November 2012 election, suggesting he would have been more effective in the current political situation. Accusing Obama of "campaigning" rather than governing as the sequester - USD 85 billion across the board spending cuts that kicked in on Friday - loomed, he said, "It kills me not to be there, not to be in the White House doing what needs to be done." "The president is the leader of the nation. The president brings people together, does the deals, does the trades, knocks the heads together, the president leads. And - and I don't see that kind of - of leadership happening right now," Romney, a successful businessman-turned-politician, said. Speaking about his failed campaign, Romney said that he was convinced he'd win until Ohio's vote came in, and that he damaged his campaign by failing to attract black and Hispanic voters and speaking too freely in his infamous "47 per cent" comments. "I think we were convinced we would win. We saw that the polls were very close, but we knew that the energy and passion was with our voters. My heart said we were going to win," he said. Romney said he doesn't look back at the campaign with anger or regret. "You look back at the campaign and say, 'OK, what did the president do well?' And you acknowledge that his campaign did a number of things very effectively," he said. "Of course you rehearse all the mistakes that you made, and I went through a number of my mistakes, I'm sure. Then you think about the things that were out of your control. But you move on. I don't spend my life looking back," said Romney.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ద్ర‌వ్యోల్బ‌ణం క‌ట్ట‌డిపై ప్ర‌భుత్వంతో ఘ‌ర్ష‌ణ త‌ప్ప‌లేదు

ప్ర‌ణ‌బ్ ముఖ‌ర్జీ, పి.చిదంబ‌రం నాయ‌క‌త్వ‌లో ఆర్థిక మంత్రిత్వ శాఖ ఆర్‌బిఐని విభిన్న ర‌కాలుగా ఒత్తిడికి గురి చేసేదా...? అవున‌నే అంటున్నారు ఆర్...